The Canadian financial services industry is known for its high concentration in a few large institutions and for its costs that are amongst the highest in the world. Individuals lacking the time, desire or knowledge to manage their portfolio themselves often opt for a very expensive solution, and therefore not well suited to their investment objectives. There are several options but few of them are without conflict of interest and it is difficult for individuals to find the most appropriate for them.
Here are some questions that all investors should ask themselves.
- How much fees am I paying on my my portfolio?
- Is my advisor taking decisions free of conflict of interest?
- Why are there so many products on the market?
- Why are there so many articles suggesting portfolio allocations or single stock picks but very few that keep track of these recommendations?
- Is my portfolio at risk of fraud?
- What investment company, service or advisor can best meet my needs?
The menu items on the left deals with these issues in more details. Happy reading!